Phoenix is working with BC Housing and Fraser Health to support those experiencing homelessness in the Tri-Cities area.
- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing organization
- Surround yourself with skilled helpers, willing to share their knowledge and expertise with new staff and people in their early careers
- Finish each day knowing you have made a difference
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with a healthy work/life balance
ERC Support Workers are part of a team responsible for providing day-to-day support, supervision, and monitoring of residents in the Emergency Response Centre.
- Monitoring homeless residents that and assisting with the day to day operations of the centre.
- Follow recommendations from BC Housing, Fraser Health, BCCDC and medical professionals on monitoring daily activities of residents.
- Promote good relations (builds rapport and trust, accepts and expresses suggestions or feedback in a positive, constructive manner, being sensitive to the needs and feelings of others).
- Assist in the orientation and training of new staff in the service model.
- Administrative tasks such as
- Assisting with case documentation
- Database entries
- Preparing new client files
- Professionally answering phones
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) year diploma from a post-secondary education and training relevant to the social services field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Recent related experience of at least one (1) year
- Knowledge/familiarity with related resources such as: Mental Health, Income Assistance, Harm Reduction, Addictions Support organizations, etc.
- Ability to apply trauma-informed practices
- Crisis Intervention and Naloxone training is an asset
- Strong collaborative approach to delivering and developing programs and services
- Proven communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate professionally, verbally and written in English
- Effectively utilize Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and central data systems
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Criminal Records check for working with vulnerable populations
We have 3 casual on-call positions available. Must be willing to work all shifts including weekends, overnights and holidays.
What We Offer
- Competitive wage
- Opportunities for advancement
- A welcoming team based culture
- Full medical and health benefits, including dental
- Long term disability
- Employer-matched retirement plan
- A work culture that promotes staff development and growth
- Minimum 2 weeks’ vacation in the first year
We welcome qualified applicants with a passion for meaningful work to submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Position will remain posted until filled.